Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Linda McCartney - The Artist

     Some knew Linda simply as Sir Macca's wife and others knew her as "that girl" that played keys in Wings, but some people may not know that Linda was an insanely talented photographer. I first became aware of her work when I bought my dad her book, which has some of the most incredible rock photos I have ever seen. 
     The older I got I always came back to that book to look at those genius pictures of Mick, Paul, John, Hendrix, and countless others. 
     Well, for those that would like to own a piece of Linda's work can through the good folks at James Shyman Gallery. The work is pricey but well worth it in my opinion. Here are some pics that I would definitely buy if I had more than 6 dollars to my name. 
     Although Linda has passed away, her work will always live on. Rest in Peace. 


No comments: