Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Anvil LIVE

I got the opportunity to not only see Anvil! The Story of Anvil! for the second time, but also to see a special live performance by the band following the screening. The band was great and the director was so inspiring. It's the first time I will ever hear a crowd of Angelinos give standing ovations and remain enthusiastic throughout the 3 hour event. The director Sacha Gervasi should be incredibly proud of himself as "Lips," the frontman for the band, even said that the British director, "saved his life." Maybe that's true and maybe it isn't but this movie is so special in the simple fact that "Lips," has the most amazing outlook on life and continues to do what he loves, along with fellow bandmate Robb Reiner, no matter the cost. 
Being able to see this band in person was special to me because I have so much respect for Robb and "Lips" as they have stayed together for 30+ years through thick and mostly thin times. 

Anvil making their entrance
Lips rocking
and still rocking...
posing for a fan who clearly ruined my picture
Lips hangin with more fans...

They were so great live, the director is a class act and I urge you to see the band live, see the movie, and if you are as lucky as I, do both. The family of Anvil is doing it right in more ways than one and a lot of people, especially those in LA, should take note. Be a good person. 

2 comments:

Andrew Lee said...

i was hoping for a picture of the dildo slide

GC said...

he didn't bring it out in person. I was waiting for it....