Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wombleton Records Saved My Life

I DJ'ed a wedding over the weekend and a big chunk of it was playing records during the dinner portion of the evening. This was somewhat of a new venture for me so I made sure I had plenty of appropriate records. It was important for me to play records that would compliment the dinner and not overtake it. Beatles cover songs was the theme for the night and with the aid of Wombleton Records, I found some great stuff that was perfect for the night. Who would have thought that I could find a 7'' of Sergio Mendes covering "With a Little Help From My Friends," and "Fool on the Hill."
The owner of Wombleton knows more about music than anyone I have ever met. He played tons of records for me to see which ones I liked and gave me a great discount when I made my choices. This is THE BEST record store in LA! You can have Amoeba, I'll take Wombleton any day.

No comments: