Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Grandfather & Evel Knievel - May, 1972

While I was home for Thanksgiving I did some snooping around in my grandparents attic. Specifically, i was looking for some family pictures, clothing, sports memorabilia I could take back to LA with me. I am a sucker for anything old and relating to my family tree. I got very lucky because I stumbled upon a box that simply said "Evel Knievel slides and film, 1972."So, the minute I got back to LA I took the slides in to get them developed and took the 8mm film transferred to DVD.
As for the background on the actual events that took place, I am a little unsure of. From the photos, it seems that there was an amateur race and Evel did his thing after the race.
Overall, I am still in awe of how amazing the pictures are. Whomever took the photos, has some serious talent in my opinion. In the meantime, I'll have to ask my grandfather who was snapping all these great photos.

























No comments: