Thursday, November 12, 2009

Vampire Weekend Takes California

About a week and a half ago word spread about a free Vampire Weekend show at an undisclosed location. Hours passed and the band chose Hollenbeck Park, which is a little east of downtown I think. Anyways, although it was a Sunday and I tend to do nothing on the day of rest, I rallied with my buddy Ev and the minute we got there, we knew we made the right call. This free show was a warm-up of sorts for their 2 week swing of California.
It was an afternoon show and the pictures will prove that the weather and day was perfect for a concert.
As for the concert itself, VW put on a great show and I am anxious for their new album Contra.
park people relaxing before the show
popsicles are always a must at an outdoor event

the band take the stage

Chris representing the "Golden State" to the fullest with the retro jersey
more folks got up close as the show went on
thx to Ev for taking most of these pics

No comments: